How can I set up the Host Ethernet Adapter to service more than for lpars, I know it can be allocated to upto 16 lpars, how do I set this up.
To change the number of available logical ports from default of 4 to a higher or lower number, here is the procedure:
1) First step is to access the managed machine on the HMC following the below screenshot:
Next you will get a new menu popup menu:
1) Select the port you want to modify
2) Select the configure button
Next you will get another window:
1) select the option for Multi Core Scaling (MCS)
2) set the number to the correct value:
1= 16 ports available for use.
2= 8 ports available for use.
4= 4 ports available for use.
8= 2 ports available for use.
16= 1 port available for use.
Last step is to shut down the whole frame (power down the whole frame)
then power the frame back on and you will have the new amount of ports available for use.