A compiled list of links from the technical support team, containing documents to aid you in your administration of Tivoli Storage Manager.
Tivoli Storage Manager communities
Communities provide a place where product users, business partners, and developers can collaborate and exchange information about Tivoli Storage Manager products.
- The Tivoli Storage Manager wiki is an IBM developerWorks site. Topic categories include overview and planning, best practices, integration scenarios, performance and tuning, and FAQs.
- The Storage Management community in Service Management Connect provides a place where you can read and participate in blogs, forums, and wikis, and find featured articles for your products. Also find videos through the Service Management Connect YouTube channel (search for “storage” in that channel).
- The Tivoli User Community (TUC) is sponsored by IBM with world-wide participation from a large group of professionals who use Tivoli products. The Storage Management zone in this community includes blogs and forums for discussion and collaboration, and links to web seminars, white papers, and other content from Tivoli.
Start at the support portal for Tivoli Storage Manager to get answers to questions and for all your support needs.
RSS feed for IBM Software Support
- Use an RSS feed to stay up-to-date with the latest content created for Tivoli Storage Manager:
- Read about
- for Tivoli Storage Manager.
Supported operating systems and requirements
- has links to detailed information about hardware and software requirements.
Collecting troubleshooting data
- Read about how to collect data that can aid in problem determination in
Tivoli Storage Manager product documentation
NEW! IBM Knowledge Center consolidates product documentation from all IBM information centers. It’s ready for you to use now in an open beta:
Known Beta limitations
- You might experience some minor functional issues because fine tuning is in progress.
- Content is still being configured and added, so the content you see might not be exactly what you expect.
- Search results might not be what you expect, or might not be in all the languages that you expect. Configuring and indexing of content for search is in progress.
- The information centers contain documentation for IBM Tivoli Storage Management products.
- When IBM Knowledge Center exits beta status, information center pages will be redirected to the corresponding pages in the IBM Knowledge Center.
- V5.5 and earlier:
Problem Determination Information
V6.1: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tsminfo/v6/topic/com.ibm.itsm.nav.doc/t_probdeterm.html – End of support April 30, 2014
V5.5: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?&uid=pub1sc32014201 – End of support April 30, 2014
- Completely revised performance information was published in June 2013 for V6.4 and V6.3 servers and clients. The performance information in the V6.4 and V6.3 information centers is identical.
- - End of support April 30, 2014
- - End of support April 30, 2014
Stay informed with the monthly Tivoli Storage Manager newsletter.
Featured documents for Tivoli Storage Manager
The Tivoli Storage Manager support team maintains a list of featured documents that they recommend.
IBM Education Assistant for Tivoli Storage Manager
IBM Education Assistant has short, task-focused audio and visual presentations to help you learn key information about the product.
IBM Support Assistant plug-in for Tivoli Storage Manager
IBM Support Assistant is a complimentary software offering that provides you with a workbench to help you with problem determination. Product add-ons customize the IBM Support Assistant for focused, product-specific help resources, search capabilities, and automated data collection.
Sign up to receive weekly mailings for all products via the My Notifications tool
By registering for this service you can receive information about downloads, flashes, forums and discussions, problem-solving information, publications, and support sites, for the products that you choose. Start here: http://www.ibm.com/software/support/einfo.html